The CompEx ExF Foundation Course is recognised by the self-regulated sector of industry as a necessary component of each employee’s personnel competency matrix. For this reason, it is considered that assessment of the knowledge imparted by the training will be an essential integration of any programme and can support you with your site explosion protection strategy in demonstrating compliance and the consideration of risks relating to the latest requirements of the European ATEX Directives, DSEAR regulations and international IEC 60079 Standards.
This course can be delivered on-site at your premises or at our training centre in Swansea.
On completion of this course, candidates will have:
- A greater understanding of the current directives, standards and regulations relating to hazardous areas
- Awareness of typical flammable atmosphere situations and types of release of the characteristics of gases, vapours and dusts.
This course contains no practical skills training or practical assessment and is therefore more suited to anyone involved in Hazardous Area work that does not actually conduct installation or inspection of electrical equipment.
Unlike the other CompEx units, no prior knowledge of hazardous areas is required for full participation in this unit.
- Hazardous locations
- Directives and regulations
- Hazardous areas
- DSEAR & Area classification
- Ignition sources of gas and dust
- Categories and EPLs
- Equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Types of protection, electrical and non-electrical
- Ingress protection (IP rating)
- Maintenance work, Repairs & Modification
- Portable equipment
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
You do not need to bring anything with you. All stationery will be supplied during the 1 Day course and an online exam will be included as part of the assessment process.
There are no minimum entry requirements for the CompEx Foundation Course.
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION
This course is JTL Approved and is conducted in accordance with their training standards. A JTL approved certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the examination.
C&P Training Services Ltd is part of the group of companies owned by C&P Group Holdings Ltd
Book This Course
Enquire about this course
If you're not ready to book a place but would like more information on this course, please use the form below.